- MA Neuropsychology and Cognitive Development, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2011. Thesis: “Study on the relations between Perception and Action : Muscular deafferentation effects on the Perception of Gradual Changes of facial expressions”. Supervisor: Pr.Dr. Axel Cleeremans,Consciousness Cognition and Computation Group, ULB.
- BA Psychology, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2009
My research primarily aims to gain insight on the dymanics between low-level (bottom-up) and high-level (top-down) interactions in the emergence of affective consciousness. Very little is known on how does qualitative and affective aspects of consciousness come about(=emerge) and how does this relates to emotional facial processing. One core question is how and under which conditions somatosensory feedback constitutes a signature of phenomenal experience and affect. In my research I investigate facial feedback mechanisms as well as the implications of cortical and subcortical regions in emotional processing. Here we will adopt a multimethods approach where behavioral and psychophysiological designs will be used in addition to virtual-lesion techniques. Specific psychophysical paradigms will also be integrated in order to track the temporal dynamics that underpin the emergence of affect consciousness.
- 2012 - Present: PhD student and researcher at Biological Psychology Unit, Affective Neuroscience. Vrije Universiteit Brussel. Promotor: Pr. Dr. Marie Vandekerckhove. Project: Bottom-up and top-down interactions in the processing of emotional facial dynamics: Testing feedback mechanisms. A neurophysiological approach.
- 2011 - Clinical internship: Laboratory of Chronobiology, Sleep Laboratory. CHU-Brugmann, Brussels.
- 2010- Research internship: Cognitive Neuroscience Research Unit (ULB) and Laboratory of Functional Brain Cartography. CHU-Erasme, Brussels. Topic: Reading mechanisms: insights from TMS.
List of publications...